How do i uninstall VP CE in Mac OS X

Hi, i am wondering how can i correctly uninstall Visual Paradigm for UML Community Edition in Mac OS X . The last time that i erease all files i couldnt install it again .

Thanks

Are there any message from the installer? And how cannot install it again?

Yeah when the installer finished it said something like it couldnt successfully install VP or there was a problem installing VP check instalation log for errors or something like that, i cant remember exactly .

But can you find the folder “Visual Paradigm” and installed Visual Paradigm for UML in your home folder?
If folder “Visual Paradigm” is in your home folder and the installed Visual Paradigm for UML is in it. That is ok.

Ok, remove all files in the Visual Paradigm for UML is the way to uninstall the Visual Paradigm for UML. The uninstaller in Mac is not work. Remove all files and re-install it is OK.

OK i made the experiment . When i opened the installer it stops on “installing” and i had to force the exit. The last time i did it I was under Jaguar now i am under Panther and it seems is different

Is this when you have uninstalled the directory by deleting the VP-UML folder? Or by using the uninstaller?

OK i made the experiment . When i opened the installer it stops on “installing” and i had to force the exit. The last time i did it I was under Jaguar now i am under Panther and it seems is different .

Hi,

I presume you are all referring to VP-UML version 3.0?? If so, there is an uninstaller bundled (the InstallAnyWhere Uninstaller) with VP-UML. I’m not sure if it works with Mac though. But you might want to give it a try.

Hope that helps
Martyn

Well i could try… in the name of cience :wink: but I preffer that some tell me how to correclty uninstall it

No, there wasnt any folder and i dont want to try to erease all the files.

Yeah Martyn, i removed all files and it cant install again. I have tried the uninstaller and it didnt work

I think there’s not much we can do now , I hope the staff of visual Paradign read this to improve it in the future because is a cool product and is great that is available for multiple plataforms.

JigZat,

Double clicking the uninstaller does not work. Have you tried running the uninstaller from command line?

Martyn

JigZat,
I haven’t try that cannot install VP-UML in my Mac OS X. I ready don’t know why you cannot install VP-UML. But there are an error after finish installation. Is it your error? (attachment) This error would not affect the installation of VP-UML.
The default installation directory is in your home directory.