How many diagrams per diagram type can i create in a project?

Hi everybody,

I am new with this product and i have some questions.
How many diagrams can i create in a project of SDE-EC community edition with Eclipse 3.2 ? When i create a sequence diagram for example and the i am trying to create another one,then a pop-up message say me that the community edition allows only one diagram per type and i have to switch in evaluation mode to create more diagrams per type. What is the evaluation mode? If i switch to this mode does the SDE-EC expires after some days?

Thanks

[quote=apolyxrono]Hi everybody,

I am new with this product and i have some questions.
How many diagrams can i create in a project of SDE-EC community edition with Eclipse 3.2 ? When i create a sequence diagram for example and the i am trying to create another one,then a pop-up message say me that the community edition allows only one diagram per type
[/quote]
Thanks for this testamonial.

and i have to switch in evaluation mode to create more diagrams per type. What is the evaluation mode?

In the evaluation mode, the application acts like the full commercial version, BUT, just for a limited time.

Question to the VP team:
Does the evaluation mode offer all features of the “professional” edition ( i.e. including code creation ) ?

If i switch to this mode does the SDE-EC expires after some days?

The “evaluation mode” expires after 30 (?) days,
then you are switched back to the community mode.

If you like to draw as many diagrams as you want, but don´t need code generation, you should think about buying the entry version of SDE,
the personal edition ( for non-commercial use), with prices starting with $59 ( without maintainance ).

Remember VP and SDE are commercial software, powered by people payed for their jobs.

Question to the VP team:
Now if there is a project created with the evaluation or payed commercial version, with MORE than 1 diagram per diagram type, can I open it with the community edition, for viewing ?

If I can open it, can I MODIFY anything,
i.e. can I just modify 1 diagram per type, as with projects created with the community edition, and if so which one - the first one created ?

Sincerely
Rolf

Thanks Rolf for replying. Your answer is great, except a misunderstanding about evaluation mode, which I am going to clarify in this post.

How many diagrams can i create in a project of SDE-EC community edition with Eclipse 3.2 ?

You can create as many diagrams as you like in the Community Edition. But as you are alerted, creating more than one diagrams per any type will switch the tool into evaluation mode, which result in having pattern watermark in images exporting from the working project. But still, you can keep on modifying your diagrams.

Notice that the evaluation mode for Community Edition is different from other editions. Even it is in evaluation mode, the product still won’t expire. In other words, the only difference is the pattern watermark.

Does the evaluation mode offer all features of the “professional” edition ( i.e. including code creation ) ?

Evaluation and non-evaluation mode of the Professional Edition support the same set of features (modeling, code generation, ORM), except the following two difference:

1. All evaluation copy can work for a month (30 days)
  2. All evaluation copy print pattern watermark on exported images and reports.

If i switch to this mode does the SDE-EC expires after some days?

No, the Community Edition will NOT expire no matter you are running in evaluation mode or not.

By the way, Rolf have made a good suggestion. You may consider the Personal Edition, which is much affordable for non-commercial use. Additionally, you may also consider the Modeler Edition, which support images, documentation and report generation. For differences between editions, please read:

If I can open it, can I MODIFY anything,

You can modify any diagram you like - your diagram won’t be locked. But no matter you have updated your project or not, images exporting from project with more than one diagram per any type will have pattern watermark printing on them, for the Community Edition.

Best regards,
Jick

Visual Paradigm Int.

This is all good news :slight_smile: