How many sequence diagram should be made?

I have a project with 20 use cases; and i made many sequence diagrams for them.I found that it is really hard to make these amount of sequence diagrams so I decided to omit some sequence diagrams, but it was very hard for programmers to understand what I want them to make, and it some cases they have misunderstand about the goal of the program. What was the problem ? How many use cases should I draw? Is that some problem from use case details or other diagrams?

Sincerely:

Kianoosh Akhavan Karbassi

Dear Kianoosh,

Thanks for your message. If you identified over 20 use cases for your system, either it is very complex, or you had partitioned the system functionality into too small in its scope. Developers tend to do these very often in use case modeling. You can deal with this situation in the follow means:

1. if the system is really complex, then this is unavoidable
  2. consider to look at the system in higher level such as review your business work flow using our BP-VA. Identify process out of the corporate business work flow normally tends to be higher level.
  3. Structuring your use cases into or use cases to factorize the commonalities among the use cases
  4. develop use case description into flow of events, which can clarify and make clearer of what the use case is and training up the programmer to develop sequence diagram in collaboration with you. And gradually, you will be able to build better communication and understanding among your team members.

Best regards,
Rain

Thank you Rain that was really helpful.

Sincerely:

Kianoosh Akhavan Karbassi

Dear Kianoosh,

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Rain