How to add Entities under ERModel to current diagram

Hi.
I’m currently dealing with ER Diagram creation.

I successfully can create ERModel and entities under it,
But I cannot find any reference which explains how to draw entity to current diagram which is in model explorer.

In case of UI, ‘Foam ER Diagram’ or dragging entities to ERDiagram exactly does what I want…
Do you guys have any good reference that I can see?

Hi Ryan,

As you said, Form ER Diagram and drag and drop to an existing ERD is the usual way to create views for existing ER model elements. And you can also use below features to visualize related model elements:

Best Regards,

Antony.

Hi, Antony.

First of all, really thank you for your kind answer and explanation.

Currently I am making a plug-in.
I am wondering if there is a way to implement an action such as drag-and-drop or Foam ER Diagram with existing ER model elements using API.

Is there any material or examples to reference?
I tried several things through DiagramManager, but it was not successful.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Ryan,

I am really sorry that I did not notice you posted this question under the Plug-in and Open API category. Have you checked our ERD open API tutorial?

And here are the archives of all ERD-related Visual Paradigm Open API related know-hows, you may walk through them to see if you find any ideas useful:

https://knowhow.visual-paradigm.com/tag/entity-relationship-diagram/

Best Regards,

Antony.

Thanks you so much, Antony!
I’ve got you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I ask one more thing, Antony?

I built a plug-in and inside of it, trying to create TableUIModels and Connectors.
What I want to do is create an ER Diagram and draw elements based on the command line without using the UI.
In case of the UI, elements are created and displayed successfully in the ER Diagram, but when it is attempted to be created with the command-line, it is frozen in the command like image below.

It seems that there is a change because capacity of the project file has changed, but when opening the project, the ER Diagram is not created…

Does VP supports creating ER Diagrams which contain tableUI and connection through command-line?

Hi Ryan,

There are 2 problems on this case.

1. The project is not saved after you create your diagram.
    Please call ProjectManager.saveProject() to save your project.

2. The process is not stopped after running your plugin. We will fix it. But before our fix, you may stop the process manually, after your project is saved.

as screenshot:

1 Like

I lost my account, so I’m leaving a comment by another account!

Thank you so much Antony/Peter.
I am really looking forward to a patch for that because we are planning to full automation from Reversing DDL to Exporting SVG.

All resolved!

Hi shin_ryan,

The issue “Process not stopped after running plugin” is fixed.

Please update the software to latest patch build (build 20200430ak or later for v16.1) to get the fix.
Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best Regards,

Roy.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve checked and seen this problem is resolved!
Thanks again!