How to create a connector legend?

Hi guys!

I have different types of connectors in my ArchiMate diagram (triggering, association, serving, flow…) between applicatinos components and I’m trying to create a legend with these differents types and my own description (if possible), but I don’t find how. I know it’s possible to create a “shape legend” and a “color legend” but I can’t add connectors there.

Do you know how to create a “connector legend” or something similar where I can describe why I use this types of connectors?

Thank you so much for your help!

I dont think you can show connectors - but you could just paste in an image ? I just tried snipping the toolbar with the relationship types and the did paste onto my diagram and that seems to work. I could also paste it into a note or text box. Bit of a faff but once youve done it once its done. IT wont auto locate itself like the proper legend does tho.

If there is not an option for doing it automaticlally, it seems a good idea to paste in an image.

Thank you for your response!

1 Like

We are planning to support Connector Legend in future release.
You will be notified once it is being supported.

Thank you for using Visual Paradigm.

2 Likes

It’s being confirmed the up coming v16.1 will support connector elements in legend. Stay turn to our website for details about our v16.1 update. Feel free to contact us for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

2 Likes

Hi, just want to let you know we just released v16.1 yesterday. As promise this version now support Connector Legend in diagram. After upgrade your software to v16.1 you can right click on the blank area of the diagram and select Presentation Options > Connector Legend to open it. Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you so much!