How to draw a generalization of extending a java system class?

I'm newbie to vp for uml, also to uml. I don't know how to draw a generalization of extending a java system class ,say java.util.Date.  I got a class named MyDate, which extends java.util.Date.

Dear fxbird,

Thank you for your inquiry. You need the Date class in order to model the generalization with MyDate. Move the mouse pointer to Date class. Press on the resource Generalization → Class and drag it out. Release the mouse button and name it as MyDate.

If you do not want to create the Date class but to reuse the class in Java library, you can perform an instant reverse to reverse engineer class model from Java source. Select Tools > Instant Reverse > Java from the main menu. Then, click “Add Zips”. You can find the file src.zip in the JDK folder if you are using JDK 1.6.

Hope this help.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

create-generalization.png

[quote=Jick]Dear fxbird,

Thank you for your inquiry. You need the Date class in order to model the generalization with MyDate. Move the mouse pointer to Date class. Press on the resource Generalization → Class and drag it out. Release the mouse button and name it as MyDate.

If you do not want to create the Date class but to reuse the class in Java library, you can perform an instant reverse to reverse engineer class model from Java source. Select Tools > Instant Reverse > Java from the main menu. Then, click “Add Zips”. You can find the file src.zip in the JDK folder if you are using JDK 1.6.

Hope this help.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung[/quote]
Hello Jick:
I do want to reuse Date of jdk, after reversing src.zip, what I need to do? I drag the Date class into a new class diagram, but it seems not normal. Can’t it show Date at the top right corner of MyDate like together 2008 does? thanks

ss.jpg

together2008.jpg

Dear fxbird,

We mainly follow the presentation suggested by OMG UML Specification. We do not support the presentation you showed.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung