How to make role name and direction arrow of a link visible in an object diagram

I’m new in using VP and UML, but in the UML 2.5 specification links in an object diagram
can have role names and an direction arrow at their name like an association does, or not?

When I create a link between two instances of two classes with an association between them, which
has role names and a direction and specify that association under the Link -> General -> Specification
I can’t see the existing role names or make the direction arrow visible.
Even not, when switching all on at the presentation options of the link.

Changing the diagram options also makes nothing visible.
There is still only the link line. Only the name is visible, if set.

Which is the right way in VP (Community Edition) to create a link in an object diagram and set it’s associated association to make
the role names and direction visible on that link from it’s association?

Hi Robert K,

Normally by following these steps you should achieve what you want:

1. Add the association (that you want to display the role names) to the classifiers of the link.
  2. Set the link’s presentation option to show its classifier’s role names.

Unfortunately we found that both these features have been broken, we will fix them as soon as possible. And I will keep you informed when the fix is available.

Thanks,

Antony.

Hi Robert K,

I would like to let you know the link in object diagram fail to select association as classifier, and link cannot show classifier’s role name problems have been fixed. Please update the software to latest patch build (sp1_20170815bh or later) to get the problem fixed. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best regards,
Rain Wong