How to modelize a signal

Hi,

I am currently evaluating SDE 4.2 for VS so to generate C++ code.

I am trying to do a simple “helloworld” tutorial in order to test the code generation and try to tackle the reverse engineering features.
I saw some tutorial videos on this site but I still have wonders…

Here is my example (see attached image for illustration):

[u]Class Diag[/u]

Class A = class Hello
Class B = class SIG

[u]State Machine Diag[/u]

Init → State1
State1: when SIG received, then Hello.print(“Hello world!”); → loop back to State1.

Then my questions are:

1. How is it possible to specify in the Class Diag that the class SIG shall be a signal (like stereotype or…) ?
  2. I can’t create a port on my Hello class to specify the required field (SIG). Where shall I specify this port ?
    3)I know that states have some entry,do,exit fields. Then, how sould I organize the State Machine Diag to complete my example?
  3. When I will generate my C++ code, where can I find the code implemented for the signal? ie how a signal modelized in UML is translated into C++ code?

add.PNG

Hello SimExt,

Thanks you for your message. Your questions has been answered in support ticket. Please check your email for the details.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Can you help me simple “helloworld” tutorial using Class and State Machine … :?:

visual-paradigm Looks good but so complicated for starter : :? …

thank you…

Can any one can help to make simple “helloworld” tutorial using Class Diag and State Machine Diag …
Than you…

Regards,

esungkoo