How to retreive Stereotypes objects from TeamServer

We use TeamServer. We use stereotypes for marking specific data behavior on top of entities and/or columns. Could you provide me with query which can retreive stereotype specification from Teamserver or VPP file, so I can process those?

Sample scenario:
I mark entity with stereotypes <External S3> and <Carbon>
I mark column in that entity with stereotype <Partition Key>
I mark another column with stereotype <Mask>

I must customize generated DDL based on these stereotypes, aka:
Create Table alfa
column something text

Must be enhanced into following compatible statement:
Create Table alfa
column something text
USING CARBON
LOCATION ’ s3 ://my-bucket/files/’;

And similar customization to make query compatible with Hive, Carbon and other big data technologies.

I suggest you develop your own Plugin for your purpose.
Below are some references for getting started.

@roykeung - while I understand that this is doable, I prefer to use kind of REST/JDBC interface, I don’t want to depend on the CLIENT to retrieve the model.

Thing is that this is going to be integrated within continuous integration pipeline on Gitlab where I have no VP client available. Any kind of local API is not usable, I need kind of remote API.

This task is not only about stereo types, but also related to retrieval of model elements and generation of model documentation within Confluence server (later), this is also automated task to be running once per day on our side.

Any kind of Team Server Database documentation available? It is something to consider to expose kind of API (REST is enough), so any kind of artifact is easily retrievable from repository and won’t depends on Client.

Was busy with other tasks, but will come back to modeling on our project with VP, can I use the API externally? By locating the *vpp project file and extract by API just important objects? I was searching for it, but no know how found… thx. We are now paying customer already, thx for resolution.

For your case, I still recommend develop your own plugin.
You may already know plugin is able to run in command line.

You can find Plugin.bat or Plugin.sh under folder
{Installation Folder}/Application/scripts

Usage: Plugin -project PROJECT -pluginid PLUGIN_ID [-pluginargs “PLUGIN_ARGUMENTS”]

If really don’t want to develop your own plugin,
You may export VPP file to XML file.
Then read data from the XML file.

1 Like