How to show message flow with message symbol?

How do I show a message flow with a message symbol and title in the middle of it, like the ones shown in figure 11.50 on page 363 or 11.51 on page 354 or 12.13 on page 419 of the BPMN 2.0 specification?

Thanks - Rowan

Hi Rowan,

The specification I read seems to be different from yours. It does have figure 11.5 but it is not a BPD. Page 363 has no image either. Could you post the images you want to draw?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

I’ve attached figure 11.41 from the BPMN2 spec. It’s those message symbols labelled M1, M2 and M3 that I would like to create.

Thanks - Rowan

BPMN2_Fig11_41.png

Hi Rowan,

Please try this:

1. Right click on the message flow and select Open Specification… from the popup menu.
  2. Create a “Message”
  3. Return to diagram
  4. Right click on the background of diagram and select Presentation Options > Message Flow Display Options > Show Message of Message Flow > Overlapping Message Flow from the popup menu.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Thank you. This does exactly what I wanted.

Rowan

hey forums.visual-paradigm.com and thank you to your info I have definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did on the other hand experience several technical points the use of this website, since I experienced to reload the site many instances previous to I could get it to load correctly. I were thinking about if your web host is OK?

Our website is running fine, may I know where are you located?

Best regards,
Rain Wong