How to use a custom word template when generating word reports?

Hi,

Our company has a template for word documents with cover page, headers footers, etc.
When I want to create a new document I use the template as the starting point.

Could I use the same template when generating reports from Tools->Reports->Generate Word Reports?
If yes, how?

I am using VP-UML 7.0 SE on Mac OS X 10.6.

Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanks,
Ion Moraru

Hi Ion Moraru,

Thanks for your post. Currently when you switch to Cover Page tab, Header/Footer tab in Generate Word dialog (see image) to customize them in the Word report output.

If this is not suitable for you, would you mind to attach the template you want to apply to generate Word reports feature, so I can understand what (content, style, format, etc) you would like to customize in the report? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

customize_word_report.png

Hi Ion Moraru,

BTW, you can also sent the template to lilian@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Ion Moraru,

I received your email with files to my email address, thanks! I’ve forwarded the details to our engineers and I’ll come back to you once there is any feedback.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Ion Moraru,

I discussed with our engineers and we plan to support importing cover page template for generate Word report. I’ll keep you informed for any news on this issue.

About the header/footer, our current report generation already supports. You can add image for on header/footer (see attached image) , also page number, project name, etc to generate in the report.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

insert_image_for_header_footer.png

Hi Ion Moraru,

I would like to let you know that we support cover page for report template designer, please see attached image for how to access cover page options. Please update to latest patch (sp1_20091118s or later) for this enhancement, more details about update to latest patch from:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

options_for_cover_page.png

Hi Ion,

I would like to let you know that release candidate (RC) of VP Suite 4.2 is available so you can have a try with generating Word report with a startup template. I have sent you a private message about download RC, please have a check.

And we prepared a flash about this feature, please take a look at:
http://files4.visual-paradigm.com/200911/rc-features/word-template/word-template.html

Hope you like this feature. And your comments are always welcome!

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi,

Is there any documentation on how to use this Word startup template feature (the new checkbox is not in any user’s guides that I can find)? Is the template only used for headers/footers, contents, and cover page, or can we set up styles, section headings, etc?

Thanks

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. You can enter custom text in report template designer, but currently we do not support setting heading. We’ll consider setting heading and I"ll let you know if there is any news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

add_custom_text.png

Hi user,

We reviewed your post and believe that your requirement on headers/footers, cover pages, etc can be achieved by using MS Word template for MS Word generation. Please refer to section “Generating MS Word report with template (MS Word report only)” in attached PDF file (this will be deployed as User’s Guide in our website soon).

Thanks for your comment and I hope the PDF file helps.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
Generate_Report.pdf