How to use a sequence diagram in another sequence diagram(ref)?

I have a sequence diagram and I want to call another sequence diagram but the problem is I can not have a connection between (ref) and the LifeTime so I used the gate but I can not pass a parameter to the sequence or getting the result of that sequence has been called. please guide me.

Sincerely:

Kianoosh Akhavan Karbassi

Hi Kianoosh Akhavan Karbassi,

Thanks for your post. In order to pass the parameter to the InteractionUse, you can open the specification of InteractionUse, then add arguments (under the “Argument” tab) and specify the return value (under “General” tab).

If this is not what you are looking for, could you please tell me what actually do you want to do? If it is possible, could you please provide sample diagram(s) or reference about this issue? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Dear Lilian Wong

Thank you for your reply, in this way only I have the input and output parameter in that rectangle, how should I connect my sequence diagram to that rectangle (sub sequence)? I mean I don't have any connection between my current sequence diagram and that sub sequence.Now I 'm doing this by gates

Best regards

Kianoosh Akhavan Karbassi

Hi Kianoosh Akhavan Karbassi,

Thanks for replying. You can right-click on the InteractionUse and select Refers to, then the sequence diagram you would like to refer to (see 1st image).
After that, you will be able to jump to the referring sequence diagram by right-clicking on the InteractionUse and select Open Referred Frame “$associated_sequence_diagram” in the popup menu (see 2nd image).

If there is any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

refers_to_sd.png

open_referred_frame.png

Lilian,

I don’t believe you answered the original question. In a sequence diagram, how do you connect a LifeLine to a Ref Frame(InteractionUse)?

-Jesse