HTML reports with diagrams only

Hello Jick,

using VP UML SE: Is there an option to create a HTML report using the project publisher, that only exports and links the diagrams ? Some of my clients would like to surf through the graphical models without all those technical specs about actors, relationships, details, roles, multiplicity etc., just the plain pictures. Our users want to surf from the top UseCase model down into the sequence diagrams and activity diagrams just by clicking onto the UseCases in the overview model.

Right now, if you click onto a UseCase in the overview diagram, all technical information ab out that UseCase is shown (multipicity, actors, preconditions etc.) and in the middle of that is the link to the activity subdiagram, which is hard to find on the first view.

What I need is a diagram based HTML site with a menu on the left and easy to understand visual links down to subdiagrams.

Thanks for helping me out here.

Regards
Bernd

Hi BerndWill,

In the coming release, we will support several new options for project publisher:

1. Generate/Not to generate model list in diagram page
  2. Generate only documentation in model page
  3. Drill down to the subdiagram of a model (when clicking a shape on an image)
  4. Drill down to the referenced diagram of a model

I believe that the options will solve your problem.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick,

thank you for this information. When do you expect the new versions to be released ?

Regards
Bernd

Hello Bernd,

In early August. I already put your contact to our notification list. I will inform you once it is out.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick,

I just created another HTML report. The diagram selector on the left side is very good. When surfing into one subdiagram, you see the data and diagrams that were entered. Beside the information entered by the user, you also see many empty tables, which are placeholder for links, data elements etc, but without content, which makes the report a little confusing.

So it would be superb, if the HTML generator would be able to supress entity aspects that have no relevant content (e.g. an empty link between an actor and an useCase that has no description).

I am looking forward to the next version :wink:

Regards
Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Could you provide me with a sample project so that we can identify the problem you described? Thank you!

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Bernd,

The new version is ready. You can download at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/

Could you send me your project for reproducing the problem you described?

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick,

please excuse the delay of my answer. The new HTML report is more useful, because I can place the diagrams at the top of the subpages.

When creating a report, I would like to de-/activitate the way, the report generator creates documents.

For example in UseCase reports you find:

• properties table (abstract, leaf, root, documentation, rang, business model)
  • relationships table (list of all relationships)
  • useCase descriptions
  • list of subdiagrams
  • relationship details

When looking at a process, you can find:

• properties (start quantity, suppress join failure, enable instance compensation, process type, status, id, isTranasaction, compensation)
  • sub process type (name, typ, ad hoc, ad hoc ordering)
  • relationship table (name, start, end)
  • relationship detail (type, from, to id, documentation, coniditon type)

Before starting the report generator, I would like to switch on/off single sections of the report.

Regards
Bernd

HI Bernd,

We will support report customization later. I will forward your message to our team as feature suggestion. Thank you for your posts.

Best regards,
Jick