Import swagger does not generate views for Model elements

Hi there,

Exploring new import swagger feature in 16.3

The import works OK and creates model for REST service and classes , however it does not generate views ( Diagrams).

Though , we could manually read the swagger definition and create hand crafter view.

Is there an option to generate view from models. VP does recognize, these models as view less and understand the dependencies, it would be great time saver to have auto generated views from imported models.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Venkatesh.Boya,

Thank you for your post. I have forwarded your question to our engineering team. When there is an update, I will post again.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Venkatesh,

First of all, you can find the reversed class elements in the Model Explorer / Class Repository pane. Diagram can be formed by dragging and dropping the class(es) from the panes onto the diagram.

The two panes can be opened by selecting View > Pane > Model Explorer / Class Repository from the main menu.

However, it looks like you want an auto-generated diagram instead of forming a diagram manually as I described above. Currently, we do not support generating a diagram after a reversal, because different users have different interpretations and ways of organizing views. Could you tell us more about your need? How do you expect the diagram to be formed with the reversed classes? Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Jick Yeung