Install4j crash

The install4j wizard crashes in installation of VP_Suite_Windows (VP_Suite_Windows_1_0_20041218). I tried a new download but to no avail. I am running windows XP service pack 2 on a dell 4550, Pentium 4, 512meg ram, 60gig disk free. Java j2re1.4.2_06. I removed jdk-1-5 between the first and third attempts. JAVA_Home is defined properly as c:\Program Files

Is there a CRC to insure that the image is intact?

The install4j error is
AppName: vp_suite_windows_1_0_20041218.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: user32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0002e176

A month or so ago I installed VP4.0 (Build 20041118a) on my toshiba laptop with no difficulty.

Regards,
Bryan

I am receiving the same error, but on a Mac.

I am attaching a screenshot.

If anyone knows, please contact me.

Thanks,
Tony

My Java Runtime Environment is installed on my C drive:
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_06\jre\bin

but when I try to install the Community Edition of VP for UML, in Win XP, it gets halfway through the progress bar of the “install4j Wizard”, it says:

“No JVM could be found on your system. Please define EX4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.java.com

I have reinstalled the JRE but I don’t get any further with the VP installation as I just keep getting the same message. Please does anyone know how to overcome this problem ?

many thanks
David

Hi David,

Have you defined the Path in the Windows environment variables?

Martyn

Hi Bryan,

You have set the JAVA_HOME incorrectly.

e.g If java is installed in: c:\Program Files\java\j2sdk1.4.2_06

then the JAVA_HOME should point to c:\Program Files\java\j2sdk1.4.2_06, and NOT c:\Program Files

Martyn

Hi
I have problem while install that show message :
"No JVM could be found on your system. Please define EX4J_JAVA_HOME to point to an installed JDK or JRE or download a JRE from www.java.com"
After that, I have define the path for EX4J_JAVA_HOME but it is not work.
Please help me too.

Visakr

Hi Visak,

Do you have a Java SDK or RE installed on your computer?

Martyn

Dear David,

The zip file is the “No Install” version which means you can just extract the file and start running VP-UML without the need to install. The executable that starts VP-UML is “VP Suite\launcher\run_vpuml.exe”.

Regards,

Antony.

Martyn,
Thanks for your help, but I have downloaded the file to which your link points and tried to find the installer executable file in the zipped download, but haven’t found any that installs the software.

At one point I did think I was installing it, as a windows box came up titled:
VP Suite, but although I followed the dialog, it didn’t actually install anything.

I checked first that both the Path and the EX4J_JAVA_HOME were defined in my Environment variables, both set to: C:\Program Files\Java\j2re.1.4.2_05

hope you can help, because I am looking forward to using your software.
thanks
David

To all who have the EX4J_JAVA_HOME problem,

I have investigated on this problem further and it seems that the problem is with install4j. It has been reported that a reboot may fix this problem. However, if it does not, please download the noinstall version of the VP-Suite at:

http://files.visual-paradigm.com/download.php?&path=VPSuite%2F&filename=VP_Suite_windows_1_0_20041218.zip

I hope this helps.
Thanks for using our software

Martyn

Hi Martyn,
Many thanks for your reply.
I have the following variables set in the Windows XP Environment Variables:

EX4J_JAVA_HOME (set to) C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06

Path (set to path below)

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Java\j2re.1.4.2_06

any help would be appreciated, thanks
David

Thanks Anthony, that version is working for me from the folder
regards
David

Martyn

Can you advise when the install4j problem will be resolved and if I should wait for the fix before running the installer?

Thanks
Greg

Author: martyn
Date: 01-27-05 09:09

I have investigated on this problem further and it seems that the problem is with install4j. It has been reported that a reboot may fix this problem. However, if it does not, please download the noinstall version of the VP-Suite at:

http://files.visual-paradigm.com/download.php?&path=VPSuite%2F&filename=VP_Suite_windows_1_0_20041218.zip

I hope this helps.

Martyn

fghfGreg wrote:

Martyn

Can you advise when the install4j problem will be resolved and
if I should wait for the fix before running the installer?

Thanks
Greg

Author: martyn
Date: 01-27-05 09:09

I have investigated on this problem further and it seems that
the problem is with install4j. It has been reported that a
reboot may fix this problem. However, if it does not, please
download the noinstall version of the VP-Suite at:

I hope this helps.

Martyn

I have created a launcher for Windows.
But my launcher does not start the application.
It just exists with no error message. I dont know the problem .
Can anyone suggest how to debug or know about the problem.
I think the problem is it does not work on Win XP SP2 onwards.
It works on Win XP SP1 and Win 2000.
Can anyone tell me why?
aspoonam81@yahoo.com
-Poonam.

Hi user,

Actually you do not need to create your own launcher. We include a set of launchers for our products. You can find them inside the $vp-suite-install-folder/launcher folder. For SDE for IntelliJ, the launcher is $vp-suite-install-folder/launcher/run_sdeij.exe(assuming that you are a Windows user)

Best regards,
Jick

I am having the problem, even 100 times rebooted my laptop downloading online always stop after a short bar appears and most of the time closing the download screen…

Its realy a terrible problem… i have tried to download different Java Applications from the web and run it in my laptop hoping that it provide some help but in vain…

Is somebody has solved this issue? im using win vista…

Actually, im trying to run Vuze installer but it failed as the installer4j is not available, then there is option to download it manually which always fails to continue in downloading.

please help me…