InteliJ Idea Plugin support VP-SDE Exception

Upon installing Plugin to newest 2022.2 Intellij Idea there is an endless splash screen caused by new JRE used (jdk17) therefore it is necessary to define in intellij idea vmoptions at least:
–add-exports=java.desktop/com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif=ALL-UNNAMED

I added additional to make sure SWING features work under new JDK17:
–add-exports=java.desktop/com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-opens=java.base/sun.reflect.annotation=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-exports=java.desktop/sun.swing=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-exports=java.desktop/sun.swing.table=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-exports=java.desktop/sun.swing.plaf.synth=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-opens=java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.synth=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-opens=java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-opens=java.desktop/javax.swing=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-opens=java.desktop/javax.swing.tree=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-opens=java.desktop/java.awt.event=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-exports=java.desktop/sun.awt.shell=ALL-UNNAMED
–add-exports=java.base/sun.security.action=ALL-UNNAMED

Then the plugin loads to intellij idea, however.

Opening specification works since it is pure SWING, if you try to open Diagram then you get this exception:

com.intellij.diagnostic.PluginException: The default implementation of method ‘getFile’ is deprecated, you need to override it in ‘class v.JE2’. A proper @NotNull implementation required [Plugin: VP-SDE]
at com.intellij.diagnostic.PluginProblemReporterImpl.createPluginExceptionByClass(PluginProblemReporterImpl.java:23)
at com.intellij.diagnostic.PluginException.createByClass(PluginException.java:83)
at com.intellij.diagnostic.PluginException.reportDeprecatedDefault(PluginException.java:110)
at com.intellij.openapi.fileEditor.FileEditor.getFile(FileEditor.java:137)
at com.intellij.openapi.fileEditor.impl.text.TextEditorProvider.getDocuments(TextEditorProvider.java:188)
at com.intellij.openapi.command.impl.UndoManagerImpl.getDocumentReferences(UndoManagerImpl.java:594)
at com.intellij.openapi.command.impl.UndoManagerImpl.getDocRefs(UndoManagerImpl.java:583)
at com.intellij.openapi.command.impl.UndoManagerImpl.isUndoOrRedoAvailable(UndoManagerImpl.java:463)
at com.intellij.openapi.command.impl.UndoManagerImpl.isUndoAvailable(UndoManagerImpl.java:452)
at com.intellij.codeInsight.daemon.impl.CanISilentlyChange.canUndo(CanISilentlyChange.java:25)
at com.intellij.codeInsight.daemon.impl.CanISilentlyChange.thisFile(CanISilentlyChange.java:55)
at com.intellij.codeInsight.daemon.impl.HighlightingSessionImpl.createHighlightingSession(HighlightingSessionImpl.java:109)
at com.intellij.codeInsight.daemon.impl.DaemonCodeAnalyzerImpl.queuePassesCreation(DaemonCodeAnalyzerImpl.java:930)
at com.intellij.codeInsight.daemon.impl.DaemonCodeAnalyzerImpl$UpdateRunnable.run(DaemonCodeAnalyzerImpl.java:892)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:539)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at com.intellij.util.concurrency.SchedulingWrapper$MyScheduledFutureTask.run(SchedulingWrapper.java:223)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.TransactionGuardImpl$1.run(TransactionGuardImpl.java:194)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.runIntendedWriteActionOnCurrentThread(ApplicationImpl.java:881)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl$3.run(ApplicationImpl.java:513)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.FlushQueue.doRun(FlushQueue.java:75)

This casuses malfunction of opening the diagram → the diagram or “vpd” file opens just as text file without canvas.

Please advise how to use properly the plugin for newest Intellij Idea

and the Diagram opens as “text” file

Thank you for your inquiry and I’ve forwarded your problem to our engineers to follow-up. Please be patient and I’ll keep you post once there are any feedback. Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

I would like to let you know the IntelliJ IDEA Integration problem has been fixed. Please update the software to latest patch build (20220840at or later for VP version 17.0). Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.