Interaction Overview diagram - Interaction Use - cannot add description

Hey,

if you look at this http://www.visual-paradigm.com/VPGallery/diagrams/InteractionOverviewDiagram.html there are descriptions in the Interaction Use elements (“Finalize inspection Report”), only way I was able to get something in there, was a reference to a sequence diagram, then a name of the sequence diagram appears there.
But I suppose it’s not the case of the referenced diagram. Could please anybody help me with this ?

Hello Iisak,

According to UML specification, the Interaction Use is for reference to another Interaction (which can be another sequence/communication diagram). May I know more details about what you mean by “But I suppose it’s not the case of the referenced diagram”?

Best regards,
Rain

I meant the the Interaction Use Element in the diagram I was referencing to.

There is title / description in it “Finalize inspection Report” or “Print Report to client” … What I meant is that I couldn’t find a way to add the title / description into these elements. If I reference a sequence diagram that has a name, then the name appears inside.

I simply don’t know who to put text / name / title into Interaction Use elements. Imossible…

Thank you Rain

Hello Iisak,

What you written already answered the question. The text showing inside Interaction Use is just the name of the referenced diagram. The sample is showing Interaction Use pointing to interaction diagrams named as “Finalize inspection Report” and “Print Report to client”.

Best regards,
Rain