Is there a way to display description for each column in an entity-relationship diagram?

Hi,
I have read this link, and I want to know if there is a way to display description for each column in an entity-relationship diagram? I have googled but have no useful result.

We are sorry that display description for each column in diagram is not yet supported.

We have considered your message as enhancement suggestion.
Unfortunately, we not yet have any good idea to support it in expected behavior.
e.g. Description normally is long, if show it next to column, entity will become very wide.
e.g. If show in separate shape, it is not easy to associate description if belong to which column.

If you have any idea, please feel free to let us know.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

Or is there a way to export single entity with description? Show description on diagram indeed takes a lot of space, but it is useful for representation and discussion. Just like what SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM SOMETABLE does.

Hi Dan,

You could try publish your project using project publisher:

which would publish all elements in the project, and thus the columns’ details, description included, will also be shown in the published web pages.

Alternatively you can use our Doc. Composer to create document in custom format, it takes some times to master this tool, but it offers far more flexibility than using the project publisher. Here’s the writer’s guide which could help you get started:

Hope this could help,

Antony.

I just tried publish project, it is really cool! :grinning:
Thanks a lot.
I will try doc composer later.