Is there any progress in getting SDE-Eclipse working on Mac OS X?

It looks like Apple and the Eclipse Team have fixed the SWT_AWT problem that was preventing Eclipse plugins like SDE-EC from working on Mac OS X. Are there any plans yet for releasing an update to support this?

Hi Marden,

Thank you for reporting this to us. We also heard about this. We are now investgating the content of the fix of the SWT_AWT problem. I will post again when SDE-EC can work on Mac OS X. Thank you once again.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hello
As I’ve tried eclipse 3.2 calisto for a few days. At lease swing project & visual editor is working ok. WindowBuilder Pro (Swing part) is working with some stability issues. But at least it’s working.
SDE for Eclipse Mac version may be working but I’ve to download a zip version to try…

Cheer VP team!

Is there any update when it comes to compatibility of SDE for Eclipse with Mac OS X? The current VP Suite Mac OS X installer allows to install all SDEs except Eclipse. When should we expect any update?

Regards,
Adam Byrtek

HI Adam,

Thank you for your message. I regret SDE is not available for Eclipse on Mac OS X currently. The major reason is the SWT implementation is not quite complete on Mac OS X, which affect our integration. The only way now can do is wait for the SWT implementation. Our engineers will keep an eye on it and I’ll let you know once we are able to integrate with eclipse on Mac.

But the VP-UML (Professional Edition or above) supports integrate with eclipse and perform code-model synchronization. More details about the eclipse integration on Mac OS X can be found at
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite2.3sp1/eclipse_integration_on_mac.html

Best regards,
Jick

[quote=Marden P.]It looks like Apple and the Eclipse Team have fixed the SWT_AWT problem that was preventing Eclipse plugins like SDE-EC from working on Mac OS X. Are there any plans yet for releasing an update to support this?
[/quote]

Any news about this?

Hi cpuser,

We are sorry to say that the fix of SWT was not enough to make SDE-EC to work on Mac OS X. Please try Eclipse integration provided by VP-UML instead. We will keep monitoring this issue.

Best regards,
Jick