Join Diagrams between Projects

Hello:
I am trying to organize my projects into individual system modules, but I need to find out how can I connect a diagram in one project to a diagram in another project.
Also, is there a way to show that a particular item has another diagram associted with when the documentation is published/printed?

thanks,

Omar soto

Hi Omar,

but I need to find out how can I connect a diagram in one project to a diagram in another project.

Could you let me know in what way you want the diagrams to be connected? If your diagrams are exported from the same master project, when you import them back to the master project, they will be merged. i.e. the tool knows that they are the same diagram.

Also, is there a way to show that a particular item has another diagram associted with when the documentation is published/printed?

I guess you were talking about subdiagram. Yes, the subdiagram information is documented in the reports published/printed.

Best Regards,
Jick

Please see the comments below.

[quote=Omar]

[quote=Jick]Hi Omar,

but I need to find out how can I connect a diagram in one project to a diagram in another project.

Could you let me know in what way you want the diagrams to be connected? If your diagrams are exported from the same master project, when you import them back to the master project, they will be merged. i.e. the tool knows that they are the same diagram.[/quote]

Jick:
I would not like to have 1 project with hundreds of diagrams. I would rather have 10 projects with 25 to 50 diagrams divided by module. But since the modules are related to each other, there should be a way to tell the current diagram that the action “Publish Trade” is an activity in Project X (Transaction Processing Module). Is this possible?

Hi Omar,

Sorry for getting back to you late. Your suggestion of linking up projects sounds great. We confirmed we will support it. I will let you know once this feature is ready. Thanks for your suggestion.

For the second suggestion, I have passed it to our engineers for further studies.

Best Regards,
Jick