jTDS connection string for database to data model

I’ve seen many threads concerning this but no one helped me :frowning:

I’m trying to do a reverse database to data model and I need to configure a conection string using jTDS on a standard SQL Server Server 2008 named instance using either a SQL Server login or a Windows login.

What language do I need to choose (Java, C#, PHP, …) and what are the connection URL needed to use a SQL Server login or Windows login?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I just upgraded the jTDS driver version to 1.3.1

Hi,

You can you simply specify Java as language. For Windows authentication, please reference to the “Authentication Method” section in the following URL for the connection URL you should use. Feel free to contact me for any questions and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Rain,

I specified Java language and used the driver file <<jTDS 1.3.1>> for the driver MS SQL Server (jTDS Driver). After reading the link you provided, I checked the settings. TCP/IP is enabled and the instance is allowing remote connections. Also, the authentication is set to SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode.

Then, since I’m trying to access a named instance, I checked what dynamic port it was currently assigned to and tried using it. I also tried using port 1433 and everytime I get a error message saying “Cannot connect to database” with the details “v.oel: Connection timeout!”.

It was not mentionned in the link you provided how to specified the name of the instance. I tried adding “;instance=NameOfInstance” after the database name with no success either.

What am I doing wrong here?