Landscape diagrams & Checking for the existence of subdiagrams

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible in Report writer to generate diagrams in landscape (rotated 90 degrees). In case of large diagrams I’d like to rotate them by 90 degrees and fit them on a page :).

Also, it is possible to iterate over a model’s subdiagrams. Is it also possible to check for the existence of subdiagrams. I cannot find a element in template_schema.xsd. It would be interesting to be able to check for subdiagrams of a particular type. It would enable me to include a “Class Diagrams” section if there are class subdiagrams when I’m generating a report of a particular model.

Thanks!

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry that Report Writer does not support landscape diagram. I’ve forwarded this issue to our engineers to study the feasibility to support this. I’ll let you know if there is any feedback.

About checking sub-diagram for a model, we do support - our template_schema.xsd is not updated, I’m sorry about this and I’ve passed to our engineers to update the schema.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Tom,

I would like to let you know that we enhanced to support landscape diagram image in Report Writer, also updated the template_schema.xsd since patch build 20100203d. Please run “VP Suite Update” to update your product to latest patch for the updated schema.
Details about updating to latest patch can be found from:

Please refer to attached image for how to set the diagram image to landscape. Hope these help on your Report Writer template customization.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

landscape_diagram_image.png

Hey Lilian,

Thanks a bunch! Exactly what I needed!

Best Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

You are welcome. Please feel free to ask if there is anything I can do to help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong