License: floating & single seat

hello,

i’ve evaluated your tool (vp-uml) and i like it.

I’m selecting the edition and the license type; I think to choose a mixed configuration with 4 Standard edition, 8 Modeler edition and Teamwork server too. Moreover, i think to buy floating license.

The questions are:

• can I mix different edition?
  • can I divide the license in group on different license server?
  • than can I have total volume discount ?
  • can I reserve a license from server to work offline (working at client site or home)?

Best regards

Dear Marco,

Thank you for your interested in our products. About the floating license, yes, we support mixing different products and different editions in the floating license. We can help you to split the license into groups so that you can configure different licenses on different servers. You just need to let us know your preferred configuration and we will help you to generate the license key. And of course you will have the volume discount. We offer 10% discount for purchasing over 10 licenses.

For exporting the floating license, it’s will be supported in the next version of floating license server (currently it’s in testing stage).

If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Rain,
in order to choose the right configuration of licenses I need to know when you estimate to release next version of floating license server.
If I buy single seat license, can I switch to floating license when next version is released?

Moreover, I need to know if I can install different license server instances on same host.

Best regards,
Marco

Hi Rain,
I submit some question again:

• in order to choose the right configuration of licenses I need to know when you estimate to release next version of floating license server.
  • If I buy single seat license, can I switch to floating license when next version is released?
  • Moreover, I need to know if I can install different license server instances on same host.

Thank you

Best regards,
Marco

Dear Marco,

Thanks for replying. The new floating license server will be released in around April. We support converting the single seat license key to the floating license. You just need pay the price difference for doing the convertion.

About the installation, we do not support installing multiple license server on the same machine. If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,
Rain

Hi,

I notice in this post that there was supposed to be a version of the Floating License Server that would support reserving a license for working off-line. The post is from over a year ago, but I do not see anything suggesting that this is now a feature.

Can I use a floating license off-line?

Thanks.

Hi squince,

Started from VP Suite 2.3, the floating license server already supported offline. Please login to our Customer Service Center to download the latest version of the license server application (from the Software page). The following page gives you more information about how to export a license to use it offline, and how to import it back to the license server:
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite2.3/enhanced_floating_license_server.html#importing:exporting_floating_license_keys

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks Jick.

When I click through to the download page on the software tab of the customer service site for the license key server (http://cs.visual-paradigm.com/index.jsp?content=maintain/software/vp_floating_license_server), I see a message that the only version compatible with our license keys is 2.2.

“Versions Compatible with Your Licenses Build No
Visual Paradigm Floating License Server 2.2 20060721”

I do not see any way for me to download 2.3 or to update our license keys to be 2.3 compatible.

Suggestions?

Hello,

Version 2.2 is the latest one (The version for floating license server is different from that of VP Suite)

Best regards,
Jick