Linking diagrams

Hi,

I published the project (web). Is it possible to do the following?

From a task (T1) of a diagram (D1) can jump to another diagram (D2, not a sub-diagram). This can be done.

What I want is to be located directly on a task (T2) of the diagram (D2) from T1 task, as can be done from the combobox “Jump to” moving automatically across the screen to the position of the task (T2) framing it.

Thanks

Dear Rescat,

Thank you for your message and would you mind tell me how you define the linkage between task T1 and T2? Using reference to model?

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Rain,

Thanks for your interest.

The point is that I’ve tried “referenced by” and “reference to model” (Which is correct?). I can jump (in Web) from T1 to T2 but not directly to the diagram D2, because I have to go through an intermediate page “Occupied Diagrams” and click the link to go to the diagram D2. In addition, the display does not focus T2. The process is:

D1 --> T1 --> Occupied Diagrams --> D2 but not focused to T2.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Rescat

Hello Rescat,

The reference between T1 and T2 can be created by reference to a shape of T2, or reference to model of T2. May I know which way you created?

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Rain,

I ceate the reference in T1 (References Tab) to T2 in both ways: Shape and Model. Again I have to go through an intermediate page “Occupied Diagrams” and choose the link to D2. Perhaps It would be a good idea to have an example from you.

Thanks
Best Regards
Rescat

Hello Rescat,

We have enhanced the project publisher and now it will generate the reference as the following:

• if the reference is pointing to model, the link will then jump to the detail page of the model
  • if the reference is pointing to shape, the link will then jump to the diagram containing the shape, and the shape will be focused automatically.

Please run the VP Suite Update to update the software to latest patch (sp2_20100707n or later). Details about update to latest patch can be found at

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best regards,
Rain

Hi Rain,

Really wonderful! That impressed me much. It’s a very useful option specially relating tasks between huge diagrams that are not connected as subprocesses.

One of our aims is to use BPVA Modeler to train employees and stakeholders business processes in order to reduce time in trasmitting company knowledge and processes reengineering.

Thank you very much.
Best regards