Loosing comments after export/ import

Dear all,
I’m loosing all comments :? (for classes, entities, columns an so on) after exporting in xmi, generating documentation, reverse and generate database. Can say allways if leaving the vp for uml environment. Using the evaluation professional edition with windows and linux.
Any :idea: ?
best regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry about the problem. We tested with the steps given, and failed to produce the problem you have. In fact, ERD and the corresponding models are not being supported by XMI. I wonder why you can export and import an XMI with the entities remain but lossing all comments… Am I missing something? Could you provide me with the steps and/or sample project to produce this problem? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,
let me describe the problem with other questions:

1. Can I export a class diagram with all comments for the class, attributes and operations in XMI format and back?

You wrote: >In fact, ERD and the corresponding models are not being supported by XMI.<
2. What kind of diagram will be exportet if I’m export a project in XMI?

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter.

Let me answer your questions one by one.

1. Yes, you can.

2. The ERD and the related models such as Entities, columns will be ignored during export since XMI does not define ERD.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

@1) sorry do you really mean the comments? I have tried it again and it works only with the DOCUMENTATION not with COMMENTS.

@2. Thanks. Now I know.

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

I am sorry. I meant Documentation but not Comments. It is true that we do not support Comments for XMI at this moment. I just discussed with our devepers. We conclude to implement it now, and this will be available in the coming version, which will be released in the next week. I will post again when it is ready.

Best Regards,
Jick

Thank you so far.
Peter

Hi Peter,

VP Suite 2.3 is released. Your request about supporting Comments in XMI is implemented in this version. I hope you will try it out. To download the new version, please visit the download page at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/

Best Regards,
Jick