Menu and toolbar disappear

I was working in a new project, and then opened a existing project to print a diagram. As soon as I selected print from the file menu, the menu bar and toolbar (along the the explorer tree at the left side just disappeared and I haven’t been able to get them back. Now when I run VP-UML EE (Evaluation Copy) 5.0 I get the following window and can’t do anything, regardless of whether I load a project (by double clicking on the .vpp file) or not.

vp-bummer.jpg

Dear Mark,

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this problem caused you. If you are using the 5.0 version, could you please try to backup and remove .vpworkspace directory from your home directory? And if you are using version 4.1 or below, please backup and remove the .vpumlprops directory from the user home directory. After removing the directory, please launch the application again. Please let me know it works or not.

Best regards,
Rain

Before I received your reply I tried deleting the .systemproj.vpp and .vp.preference files in the .vpworkspace directory, but I did NOT delete the LayoutPerspectiveData directory. That did not change the behavior, so I uninstalled the entire program, deleted all of the files/dirs left in Program Files (I’m using windows), and also removed the .vpworkspace directory. When I reinstalled, the user interface was back to normal.

I was able to go back and print the diagrams I was trying to print before, and it worked fine, so I am now unable to reproduce the problem. Thanks for your help. If it happens again, I will try removing the entire .vpworkspace directory first.

Thanks,
Mark

Dear Mark,

I’m glad to hear that your problem has been solved. Please let me know if you can reproduce the problem. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain