Menu and Toolbar for Plugin

Hi VP Team, Please can you give me a example of a plugin and toolbar within it. So if I want something like Tools in the VP menu and within that I need a option like “Publish Properties”.

When I try the examples here - Implementing of Visual Paradigm Plug-in they do not work and if I remove menuPath attribute then it appears under the default ‘Plugin’ tab

Need a example that can create MyTools and within that “MyAction” for example similar to Tools > “Publish Properties”

Hi lalitnagpal,

Thank you for your post. I have forwarded your question to our engineering team and will post again when there is an answer.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Dear lalitnagpal,

In the plugin xml, please define something like:

<plugin

<toolbar …>
<action ribbonPath=“Tools/PublishProject” … >

This will show a button under the “Tools” tab, and after the Project Publisher button.

Bes regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

Thanks for your response. So that helps me place a button in a existing ribbonPath.

Following are some queries please
a) I wasn’t sure why we have <toolbar… in your response when we are providing a existing path using ribbonPath=“Tools/PublishProject”. Is it when we want our own option instead of Tools for example.

b) How can I create MyTools similar to Tools. A full syntax would be wonderful please.

Thanks a lot.

Dear lalitnagpal,

Our engineers have prepared a sample plugin for you as reference. Please visit the following URL, download the plugin and take a look at the code.

https://files2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/s/CNARBtU4XHcOOFI

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like

Wonderful, thank you so much guys, loved this.

Hey Jick,

is the example still available ? the file is not available on the URL.

Thank you

Hi Hamza,

I just re-enabled it. Please visit the URL below to get the plugin:
https://files2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/s/SjZsAlC1g2vBJvq

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like

Thank you I just download it

You’re welcome. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions about the plug-in. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like

Hi Jick,

Could you re-enable file?
Thank you!

Hi Starpes,

Sure. Please upload to:

https://files2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/s/m37wJDxPxQH7k0I
Password: kj5kjy0snj5asj

Note: Only people from Visual Paradigm can access the uploaded file(s).

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Sorry, Jick!
I don’t have any files that I would like to post. I meant for you to re-post the file with the example described here:

Dear lalitnagpal, Our engineers have prepared a sample plugin for you as reference. Please visit the following URL, download the plugin and take a look at the code. Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Best regards, Jick Yeung

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Please try now:

О! Thank you so much, Jick!
Now I understood too how to make my own section in the ribbon.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Could you please republish example, or, better, publish it on github?

Hi Leonid,

You can download it here:

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like