Move data between databases

Hi, Is there any way to generate SQL from VP which will allow to send data from one ERD diagram to the other (different schema). I mean that having to different ERD diagrams, there is an option to create mapping from one diagram to the other and VP will generate the corresponding SQL script for moving the data.

BR, Jurek

Hi Jerzy,

Thank you for your post. We support generating DDL for database patching. It works based on a comparison between your ERD and the target database. I am not sure if the following workflow can fulfill your need:

1. Reverse engineer ERD from the original database
  2. Change the database configuration by entering the connection details of the target database
  3. Generate the database update script

I recommend you generate the script first, read through the content to ensure it is what you look for and if any change and additional scripts are needed. Finally, execute the script manually.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

it is not patching I was thinking about some type of ETL where you have two ERD diagrams and you setup the mapping and VP will generate the SQL responsible for transferring data from one database to the other.

Hi Jerzy,

Sorry, it’s not currently supported.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung