Multiple connections to License Server

Hi,

From the Licence Server installation guide, it appears that its possible to specify up to 4 IP address / ports for a client to connect to a floating license server.

Is this for redundancy? It would be neat to be able to select one of many servers advertising licences for a user.

If we have a floating license key file, are we able to spread the licenses across more than one host? If so, would this be by installing each license server with the same floatinglicense key file?

Or does each server installation require its own floating licence key file, and therefore does the license key file need to be split?

Regards,

GDS.

Hi user,

Our licensing term does not allow user to install a floating license key file to multiple hosts. The 4 available slots are for user to setup 4 servers with 4 different floating license keys. Normally, you just need to fill in the host and port of the first slot.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but just to further clarify…

When you mentioned that the 4 slots are to allow a user to set up connections with 4 different license servers, was that so that the client software could potentially be used across different licensing agreements?

I guess what I am asking was that if I wanted to set up a HA licensing server arrangement, would I need to purchase two sets (files) of floating licenses?

Thanks.

Regards,

GDS

Hi user,

The number of available connections is depending on the number of users and the number of licenses you’ve purchased, i.e. 4 floating licenses = 4 concurrent accesses. We can provide you with license key file in 4 * 1 format, which is, 4 separate keys and each consists of 1 license.

Best regards,
Jick