Naming properties, messages, participants,

Hi all,

I’m using the Eval version 1.1 (Build sp2_20060922) as we are currently looking to document all of our ITIL Processes.

I would like to rename the properties, or the participants or the message but it seems that the name is put back to its creation value when I cliked on the Ok to validate my documentation.

Besides I don’t see those reported in the published documentation. though it is partially present in the PDF report.

tough there is no way to access them idependantly!

Could you tell me if it’s limitation of the eval version?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Hi Imkal,

but it seems that the name is put back to its creation value when I cliked on the Ok to validate my documentation.

After several testings, I could reproduce this problem with:
Message Flow > Message > From/To (Participant)

I already asked our engineers to fix this issue. Could you suggest other paths (if any)?

Besides I don’t see those reported in the published documentation.

Do you mean Project Publisher? I think we could support it. Please let me know if you were talking about Project Publisher.

though it is partially present in the PDF report.

Because of the limitation of size, we could only dill down to at most 2 levels. I will check with our engineers to see if we could present the information in any other ways.

Could you tell me if it’s limitation of the eval version?

Definitely not.

Have a nice day you too! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Jick

hi Jick,

It seems I entered a invalid e-mail address and I had to create this new login!

Here are the paths, I tried:

Data object > Properties > Add
SubProcess> Properties > Add
Participant > Roles > Create Role
Start Event > Create Message
Start event > Message Trigger > Create Message

Yes I’m speaking of the Project Publisher. Ok about size limitation within the PDF as my preference goes for publishing!

Thanks for your answer and my day was fine!

Have a nice Tuesday!

Patrice

Hi imkal0,

I will check the paths one by one. By the way, the ‘problem path’ I mentioned in the original post is fixed. I will check for the remaining paths and come back to you.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi imkal0,

The problem of resetting property names is fixed. Please download the hotfix at:
http://files4.visual-paradigm.com/200610/HotFix/5-3-2_sp2_20061004k/vpplatform.jar

The following page shows you how to install the hotfix:
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/tips_and_tricks/general/replacing_hot_fix.html

I will post again when a complete release is ready.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

That’s fast answer! :slight_smile:

I installed the hotfix and it works fine!

Thanks and have a nice day,
Patrice

Hi Patrice,

Great! Please feel free to post again if there are any other questions.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Patrice,

A complete release is now ready. Please perform an update to advance to the new release. If there are any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
Jick