Nested execution Specification in sequence Diagram

Suppose that an Object A sends a message m_1 to another object B. The object B sends to A a messagge m_2 nested in m_1. The execution specification of m_2 should be nested in the execution specification of m_1 but it isn’t so. Why?

Hi sbatman,

Sorry but I do not quite understand your need. Would you mind showing me the steps you tried and the expected outcome with several images? Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Jick

I have attached two image files to this post, in order to explain better the problem.
See the red circles in the images.
Thanks.

hi sbatman,

Let me discuss with our developers first. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,
Did you get any answer from the developers?

Hello sbatman,

I am sorry for not having replied this post.

Yes, our engineers have implemented this feature. This will be available in the coming version - Service Pack 1.

I will post again when it is out.

Best regards,
Jick

[quote=Jick]Hello sbatman,

I am sorry for not having replied this post.
[/quote]

No problem, Jick :wink:

Great! thanks a lot Jick.

Hello sbatman,

You are welcome. Just for your information, we will support also splitting an existing activation into two in the coming release.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello sbatman,

I would like to inform you that the Service Pack 1 of VP Suite 3.0 is released. It now supports nested execution. I recommend you run the updater inside the bin folder of VP Suite installation folder to advance to the latest version.

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

nested execution.png