Netbeans4.1 intergration linux installation

Hi,

When trying to integrate with netbeans 4.1I get an error message “Error in opening zip file” for the module. The file permissions are correct.

I really need this working so that I can produce UML diagrams for my University Projects.

Thanks

David

Dear David,

Sorry for the problem. We have tested with the latest build but could not repeat the problem as you described.

Could you please tell me whether you are using SDE for NetBeans or NetBeans integration from VP-UML? Besides, which build of NetBeans 4.1 and VP are you using?

If the tool was downloaded some weeks ago, I would suggest you download the latest build and try again.

Best Regards,
Jick

[quote=Anonymous]Hi,

When trying to integrate with netbeans 4.1I get an error message “Error in opening zip file” for the module. The file permissions are correct.

I really need this working so that I can produce UML diagrams for my University Projects.

Thanks

David[/quote]

Hello I have a similar problem.

I used VP_Suite_Linux_2_3_sp2_20060922.sh script for the installation.

In netbeans 5.0 in Tools/Module Manager I have “Visual Paradigm Smart Development Netbeans Edition Installation” among the installed modules, but with the activate check-box not cheked. When I check it, it tries to “install” or activate this module, looks for ~/netbeans-5.0/ide6/modules/com-vp-vpsde-nb.jar and complains: StandardModule:com.vp.vpsde.nb jarFile: ~/netbeans-5.0/ide6/modules/com-vp-vpsde-nb.jar: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file.
This jar file contains only MANIFEST.MF file, as well as the same jar file in /usr/local/VP_Suite2.3/sde/sdenb50/ide6/modules

Could anyone please help?

Thanks
g

Hi gedeeon,

Thank you for your post.

Which tool did you install? NetBeans integration provided by VP-UML, Smart Development Environment for NetBeans or DBVA for NetBeans?

Could you capture some screenshots to show the problem?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jick