No Connectors When Reverse Engineering DDL to ERD

Hi,

I am using the evaluation copy of VP for UML Enterprise Edition. When I select “Tools”->“Reverse DDL” option, the ERD that ultimately gets generated do not show the connections (entity relationships). Does this not get automatically generated as well? Thanks.

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. May I know are you using MySQL? Also, could you please send your schema for estimating the problem? Thanks in advance!

*If you do not want the schema to be accessed by public, please send it to lilian@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to mention, that I was using Oracle. However, I also tried using DDLs from MySQL and MS SQL. None has generated an ERD diagram with the expected connectors.

I will email my schema to you with the same subject line. Thanks.

Hi user,

Thanks for your reply and the file sent to my email address. I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up. If there is any feedback, I’ll notify you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi user,

I’ve checked your “temp.ddl” but there is no reference between your tables, this means no relationship will be reversed from the *.ddl.

If there is anything I can help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong