No titles on UML diagrams

Hi, I’ve just downloaded Visual Paradigm 16.3, Community Edition. I wanted to create a simple class diagram - but the class names don’t show up.

Even if I use a template diagram - methods and fields show up, but not the class names:

The class definitely has a name:

Similar issues are in sequence and activity diagrams (in activities the activity body is also not visible). All diagram elements seem correct - just the names (and activity bodies) don’t show up. The only place they are visible - is the diagram selection ribbon.

I’m running the newest VP CE version on Windows 10.

Hi Kamilkime,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, we are unable to repeat the problem. Would you mind giving us your .vpp project file to have a check? You can upload the file to the following place. Only Visual Paradigm staff can access your files.

https://files2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/s/fX7258H4wwK6qh6
Password: n6gjisdf0d0

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

I’ve uploaded the Test.vpp file using the link you provided, but it’s just a test project with nothing sensitive - so I’ll also just add it like that, maybe someone from outside the staff will have some ideas:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v0rCnApkHhgMNJSuV--SF50gzl8xO09o/view?usp=sharing

On my computer the diagrams look like that:

Hi Kamilkime,

Sorry but we are unable to repeat the problem. Would you mind sending me the log file to have a look? You can export it from the About window (from the Help > About menu). By the way, did you change to start Visual Paradigm with another JVM?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

No, I’m using the default JRE 11 installed by VP:

H Kamilkime,

Sorry for my late reply. I have forwarded your suggestion to our engineering team to study. When there is any news, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Kamilkime,

Could you try to restart Visual Paradigm with a new workspace and see if it will work? To do this, select Help > Switch Workspace from the main menu. Select another folder and click OK.

If this solves the problem, would you mind sending me your original workspace folder for checking?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Nope, still the same problem :confused:

May I know if you double click on the class name to enter edit mode will then have the name showing up while editing?

It shows up correctly, same for the specification window:
obraz

As soon as I hit enter, or click ok in the specification window - the class name disappears from the diagram.

Would you please create a sample project which can repeat this problem and send us for diagnosis? You can send it to support@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

I’m always using the same project for testing, the one I uploaded here:

Thanks and we tested your project file it do works fine our our end. Would you please send me a screenshot of Window > Project Options > Diagramming > Shape to have a look? Look forward to hearing from you.

obraz