Non BPMN concept management

Hi All,

I’ve created some Messages, Participants, Conditions and due to the evolutions of my processes some of those are not needed anymore. How do I delete them so they do not appear in my documentation anymore?

Thanks and have a nice day,
Patrice

Hello Patrice,

For Messages, you can delete them from the diagram. For others, you need to delete them from the specification dialog of the model that consumed them.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

How can delete a message from the diagram as they are not shown? I’m talking about message specification not about Message events.

About participants and conditions, I think I can remove the link with the model that consume them but not the entity itself.

Thanks and have a nice day
Patrice

Hi Jick,

No answer yet on this topic??

Hi imkal0,

Sorry to keep you waiting. Honestly, I missed your reply. Just now, I have forwarded your issue to our development team to follow-up. I do able to find Message (InMessage, OutMessage…), but how about participant? Could you direct me to where you can create participant?

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

You can define participants in the Pool specification. But my question is valid for all concepts you can create in the specification of an BPMN object thourgh aDrop down listbox + Edit option but where no delete option is available.

Type of a task, Loop Task, Tiggers in events, Type of gateways, REsults of End Event, …

Also what happens to Sub process I create from those drop down list box? They do not appear in the diagram!!

Hi imkal0,

Oh, I got that now. Will forward the supplementary information to our engineers.

Also what happens to Sub process I create from those drop down list box? They do not appear in the diagram!!

I believe that you can find it from the Model tree.

Best regards,
Jick

Yes they do appear in the Model Tree! I was only looking at the diagram tree!

Thank you Jick!

Hi imkal0,

You are welcome. But I do think that Message and Participant are not able to be deleted through Model Tree, as you won’t find them there…

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

Indeed about participants and others, I can’t find them in the Model Tree! I was only speaking about sub processes you can also define using drop down list!

No problem. We are checking :slight_smile:

hi imkal0,

We wrote a plugin to help you solve this problem. Attached please find the plugin file.

Please download and decompress it, and copy the ModelViewer_Plugin folder to ${vp-suite-install-dir}/plugins so that you will have folder structure:
${vp-suite-install-dir}/ModelViewer_Plugin/classes

Start the application (e.g. BP-VA), then you will find a button like a socket appear at the toolbar. Click on it, and you can select the model to be deleted.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jick

plugin.png
ModelViewer_Plugin.zip

Hi Jick,

I have this one ${vp-suite-install-dir}/ModelViewer_Plugin/classes and this one ${vp-suite-install-dir}/ModelViewer_Plugin/src but could not find the plugins folder ${vp-suite-install-dir}/plugins!

I’ve started the application but nothing new in any tool bar. Can you tell me in which tool bar I should see it? According to your picture it’s a specific toolbar, isn’t it?

Hi imkal0,

Please create the plugins folder manually.

Best regards,
Jick

Ok Jick,

It works fine now! Not easy to find out the model but it works! One improvement could be to allow some wildcard in the filtering of the model type or by organizing the tree structure by Model type.

Anyway, thanks for the effort, it will allow me to clean up some documentation!

Thanks for your feedback. :slight_smile: