Old Rational Rose Models

I have several models in an old Rational Rose (v4.0) format. When I try to import them, VP hangs (at 15%).

Has anybody been able to load old Rose models? If so, can you provide suggestions of how to proceed?

Thanks!

Hello David,

Could you provide me with all the files that can let us reproduce your problem? If you can’t post here, you can send to my email address:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Jick

Hello David,

I have received your Email. I also tried with the .mdl file, and it works without problem. Could you tell me which build of VP are you using? You can refer to the About dialog for the build number. Second, could you post the log file here? You can find the log file at $vp-suite-install-dir/bin

Best regards,
Jick

Jick,

I’m running Version 6.0 (Build sp1_20070420).

My log file is attached. To give you something to work with, I duplicated the problem by tring to import an old .mdl file. The exception in the log for [Fri May 11 13:07:15 EDT 2007] was generated when I tried to import the attached .mdl file. (Sorry, I can’t remember which file I sent you originally.)

Thanks for your help,

David
vp.log
java3d-scenegraph.mdl

Hi David,

Unfortunately, we still cannot repeat the problem you have. May I hold an online meeting to diagnose the problem with you? The meeting will be held under secure connection. We will see and control your screen by having your approval. If you can have this meeting, please let me know when you will be available (timezone + time). Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick