Oracle DDL creation

I use DBVA to maintain common schemas in three database dialects; MySQL, SQL Server, and Oracle. I have no issues creating DDL for MySQL or SQL Server, however, when I try to generate DDL for Oracle, the process fails due to the fact that the primary key columns are marked as IDENTITY which Oracle does not support. This leaves me having to manually go through the tables and remove the IDENTITY specification when generating Oracle. I end up maintaining two DBVA projects for the same schema in order not to have to make and unmake the change.

Is there a way to make DBVA ignore the IDENTITY specification when exporting Oracle DDL? What I would really like to see would be for DBVA to create on-insert triggers to add the primary key when it encounters an IDENTITY column.

Thanks!

Hi Bxiie,

Thanks for your post. May I know did you set Oracle as default database when you generate DDL?
If not, please go to Tools > Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) > Database Configuration, then select Oracle and press “Set as default” button (as shown as attached image).

After you set Oracle as default database and generate DDL, you should not have the stated problem. If there is anything I can help, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

set_database_as_default.png