ORM and multiple inheritance

Hi,
I’m in the follow scenario (see attachment for details)

When I executed generate code function, with a great surprise, I discovered that my C class implements just one (of two) interface:

public class C implements test.A 

Am I missing something?

P.S.: I’m using DB-VA (Build sp2_20070612) on linux box, but I do same test on windows too.

Hello maurizio316,

Thanks for your post. I have forwarded your question to our engineers to follow up. By the way, is multiple inheritance a must for you? We support generating DAO with interface support. I wonder if this can solve your problem.

Best regards,
Jick

dao_with_interface.png

Hi Jick,
thank you very much for your very fast reply.

Multiple inheritance is of vital importance for me, specially in this project.
Unfortunately, I’ve already tried every kind of generating method, but unsuccessfully.

Any other suggestion?

P.S.: sorry for my bad English :slight_smile:

[quote=Jick]Hello maurizio316,

Thanks for your post. I have forwarded your question to our engineers to follow up. By the way, is multiple inheritance a must for you? We support generating DAO with interface support. I wonder if this can solve your problem.

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

HI maurizio316,

Don’t worry. This is fixed. I am arranging a patch for you. Please wait.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi maurizio316,

Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200706/Patch/sp2_20070621i/VP_Suite_Windows_3_0_sp2_20070621i.exe

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Run the exe file to overwrite the existing installation
  3. Restart the application

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Thanks Jick,
now it seems to work fine…
Sorry for the boring question, but is there any possibility to obtain a patch for Linux platform?

Thanks in advance
Maurizio

Hi Maurizio,

Certainly. Please download at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200706/Patch/sp2_20070621j/VP_Suite_Linux_3_0_sp2_20070621j.sh

Oh by the way, if you want the operations created in the interface to appear in the generated subclasses, the ORM classes, please right-click on the subclasses and select “Realize all Interfaces” from the popup menu. Otherwise, you can’t see the operations appear in the subclasses.

Best regards,
Jick