Package / class naming fails

Hi there

I use VP-UML 3 Professional Edition and I want to generate code from classes in a class diagram. This works fine until I try to make a package for this classes. I tried two different ways, both failed:

1. I name all classes in the diagram with the full path name like com.solarmax.newpackage.Class1, com.solarmax.newpackage.Class2 etc. When I then start the code checker, I get the messages “Invalid name of class” for every class.

2. I place a package model into the class diagram and name it “com.solarmax.newpackage”. Then I connect all the classes with containments to the package model. When I start code generation I get the message “Invalid package name” for all classes.

The working directory for the Code Engine is like c:/projects/vp-uml/src. I expect that the code engine creates sub-dirs com/solarmax/newpackage, but it doesn’t. I also create the directory structure manually and set the working directory for the Code Engine to c:/projects/vp-uml/src/com/solarmax/newpackage. This also fails.

Any advice?

Thanks
Marco

I think you may try to create a package for each package.

I mean you may try to create the following:
[com] ±- [solarmax] ±- [newpackage] ±- , and
[com] ±- [solarmax] ±- [newpackage] ±- .

p.s. [] is package, <> is class, and ±- is containment.

Hi Marco,

I’m not too sure what you are talking about. Could you either:

• explain step by step how to create the problem you experienced.
    or
  • attach the project file which generates the problem

Thanks.

Martyn

Edit:
In question 1, when you name the class com.solarmax.newpackage.Class1 are you expecting the packages to be automatically created in the code?

Hi Harou

That’s exactly what I wanted to do, thanks! Sometimes the easyest things are hard to see.

Marco