Package diagrams

hey there,

i want to create an overview-like package diagram. is there a way to

1. easily move a class from one package to another? i do it by dragging it but that doesn’t really work all the time

2. “import” a package into a diagram and automatically display all its contained classes

3. hide all associations between classes for one diagram - maybe even just hide the associations between classes that don’t belong to the same package

4. displaying the modifier of a class (packet diagram like look)

Thanks in advance for help and time :smiley:

pete

Dear ashdkla,

Let me answer your questions one by one.

1. easily move a class from one package to another? i do it by dragging it but that doesn’t really work all the time

Besides dragging the class into the package, you can also use the “Containment” notation. Using the containment notation is just like creating association between package and class. But in the model, it will show that the class is contained by the package.

1. “import” a package into a diagram and automatically display all its contained classes

You can just select the package and contained classes and drag it to the diagram that you want it to appear.

1. hide all associations between classes for one diagram - maybe even just hide the associations between classes that don’t belong to the same package

You can use the Form Diagram features to generate a class diagram without showing the relationship. Various options can be configured for generating the diagram. More details can be found at the Form Diagram section of the User’s Guide:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/edocs.jsp?url=content/product/vpuml/vpumlUserGuide/html/c1.html&resourceType=document&resourceDetail=vpumlUserGuide

1. displaying the modifier of a class (packet diagram like look)

Can you give me more details about this one? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rain

Thanks Rain - that was quick :smiley:

1. the containment one works really well

2. selecting more than one works fine

3. generalization, association and realisation are grayed out in the form diagram feature - not available in Modeler Version?

4. i mean the access modifiers for the classes / interfaces (public/internal/private)

big thanks and regards!

pete

Dear pete,

1. generalization, association and realisation are grayed out in the form diagram feature - not available in Modeler Version?

When forming the diagram, only the available connections will be enabled in the dialog (i.e. if the class didn’t have any generalization relationship, then the generalization option will be disabled).

1. i mean the access modifiers for the classes / interfaces (public/internal/private)

We are sorry that this option currently is not available. I’ve forwarded this post to our development team to follow-up and I’ll notify you once this option is available. Thanks for your message.

Best regards,
Rain