Pdf export

Hello,

I use my diagrams created by VP very often in latex documents. For this reason, I convert my diagrams into pdf-files. The problem is that the converter only creates a whole A4 paper. So, if i want to include the pdf i have to find out the bounding box of the graphic. Could it be possible to make an option in further versions of VP where I have the choice to create a pdf without any borders?

Hi hcalex,

WE are not familiar with the requirement of Latex document. By borders, do you mean the blank margin between the diagram content and the edge of paper?

Best regards,
Jick

border.png

Let’s say we have only one class and wants to export it in a pdf. The result is that i have a whole A4 paper with the class and lots of empty space. It makes no differences how big the diagram is.
Now, i want to write a documentation about my software architecture. Therefor i write some text and add the pictures of my diagrams. I could use normal jpeg-pictures, but these pictures only have a limited resolution. However, if i use these pdf files i can’t paste some text directly below the diagram because there is too much free space. Latex includes the whole page, not only the diagram. For this reason, it would be great if the size of the pdf is the same as the size of a jpg.

I hope you understand me. :slight_smile:

Hello hcalex,

Could you illustrate your idea with some images? Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Jick

…

jpg.jpg

pdf.jpg

Imagine you would include the pdf or the jpeg in your document. The result is shown in the pictures below. I only want to let it looks like the second version but with an pdf diagram and not a jpeg picture.

text2.jpg

text1.jpg

Hello hcalex,

I understand now. I will forward your suggestion to our team for further studies. Thanks a lot.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick

Hello hcalex,

Just curious, do you prefer fitting the paper size to the diagram content, or fitting the diagram to the paper size (e.g. A4)? Of course, both approaches won’t distort the diagram content.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick,

i think it’s better to fit the paper size to the diagram content, because there you have the correct ratio of the diagram. Otherwise if you always stretch the diagram to a full A4 Paper, you have to guess which was the original ratio.

Thank you for your great support , I wish you a nice weekend too :slight_smile:
…and I’m sorry for my bad english :wink:

Hello hcalex,

Not bad at all :wink: I have notified our engineers. Once there is any feedback, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick

Has this very nice thing been implemented in the current version?

Hi user,

I am sorry that it has not been supported. I will post again when there is any news. Sorry again.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung