Plugin testing

Hi,

while working on a plugin using the OpenAPI we were thinking about testing our plugin and came up with a few questions.

Can you give advice on

• how to serialize IElement (IModelElements, etc) objects to be able to do unit testing (JUnit) while NOT being in the VP Environment (VP GUI)
  • what is the recommended way of plugin testing

Any help would be appreciated,
-Christoph Barth

Hi Christoph Barth,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry that currently running and testing plugin are required to be done with VP’s GUI.

We will support command line to access plugin, so that you can use JUnit to run the plugin, perform the function and verify whether the function works by exporting XML from the project. I’ll let you know if there is any news on command line support for running plugin.

If there is any further question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian Wong,

Is there some news about that? I want to configure the xml export per plugin too.

Best regards,
Mingyi Liu

Hi Mingyi Liu,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry that it’s not supported yet, but I’ll keep you informed for any further news on this issue.
About customizing exported XML, it seems that you (and your colleague) is discussing this in our online ticket system. To avoid issues mixed, we will keep discussion on this issue in our online ticket system.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

How is it goin?
Any update? I’m currently developing a bigger plugin and could use any help specially for testing.

regards,

klm

[quote=klm]How is it goin?
Any update? I’m currently developing a bigger plugin and could use any help specially for testing.

regards,

klm[/quote]

Same here… I’m also very interested in IElement serialization and/or any tools that help to speed up the development process.

Thanks