Plugin under Community Edition of SDE-NB

I am trying to get a plugin to work and am having difficulty. I have SDE CE-NB installed and have been working from Netbeans to create UML diagrams successfully. I have tried to get plugin to work without success and even tried loading two sample plugins from your site into: C:\Program Files\VP Suite 4.0\plugins (on WinXP platform). These do not seem to work either. First question is: does community edition support plugin? If it does not, what is lowest version that does?

If yes, I have installed com.vp.sample.plugins.customizedshape and com.vp.sample.plugins.usecasehtmlgenerator into plugins folder and they do not appear in any menu or popup or toolbar. Any ideas on how to get these to work?

For my custom plugin I followed the document “plugin_user_guide.pdf” downloaded from your site and I can not get the menu item to appear. From Netbeans do I need to use special menu path or context menu in order to make item visible?

Thanks,
Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your post. For SDE-NB, please place the “plugins” folder inside ${NetBeans_working_dir}/sde folder for deploying the plugin. For other IDEs, similarly, you need to add “plugins” folder inside ${IDE_working_dir}/sde folder.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me if there is any further inquiry.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Lillian, thank you for the reply. I have moved the location of the plugins to C:\Program Files\NetBeans 6.7.1\bin\sde\plugins and the plugins load without error, but I do not see any menu items in the NB menus. I have specified menuPath=“Modeling/#” in plugin.xml in an attempt to get an action item in the Modeling menu within NB but it does not appear.

How do I specify menupath and toolbarpath to point to NB menus? I have tried menupath=“Tools/#” as well but it also did not work.

Regards,
Fred

I am not sure if it is relevant but the NB IDE log shows the following when I start SDE-NB:
WARNING [org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader]: Should not use initial / in calls to ClassLoader.getResource(s): /ormmapping/database.cfg.xml
SEVERE [global]
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: No such child: 2
at java.awt.Container.getComponent(Container.java:294)
at com.jidesoft.swing.JideSplitPane.setDividersVisible(Unknown Source)
at com.jidesoft.swing.JideSplitPane.componentHidden(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processComponentEvent(Component.java:6098)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6043)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:104)
[catch] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:178)
at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:1045)
at java.awt.Dialog$3.run(Dialog.java:1097)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:1095)
at v.ihap.show(:143)
at v.fiug.i(:361)
at v.C.a(:13)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at v.imsi.a(:80)
at v.imsi.i(:61)
at v.qmt.n(:77)
at v.fogp.run(:59)
at v.kyp.i(:76)
at v.ittw.actionPerformed(:87)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1225)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1266)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6263)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6028)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4574)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2475)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:104)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
WARNING [org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader]: Should not use initial / in calls to ClassLoader.getResource(s): /ormmapping/database.cfg.xml
WARNING [org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader]: Will not load class org.dom4j.DocumentFactory arbitrarily from one of ModuleCL@16a9424[org.netbeans.modules.hibernatelib] and ModuleCL@4ac866[org.netbeans.modules.uml.dom4jlib] starting from SystemClassLoader[843 modules]; see http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqModuleCCE
WARNING [org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader]: Will not load class org.dom4j.tree.QNameCache arbitrarily from one of ModuleCL@16a9424[org.netbeans.modules.hibernatelib] and ModuleCL@4ac866[org.netbeans.modules.uml.dom4jlib] starting from SystemClassLoader[843 modules]; see http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqModuleCCE
WARNING [null]: Note - vpsdenb.component.ViewTopComponent ought to override getPersistenceType() rather than using the client property or accepting the default.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for replying. We are sorry that SDE’s plugin cannot add menu item on NetBeans’s menu, you can only add popup menu item to SDE products. Attached you can find a sample plugin that add menu item of popup menu (attached image shows the result).

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask if there is anything we can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
samplePlugin_add_menu.zip