Possibility of allowing Block Diagram to run on FreeBSD

I was able to run on FreeBSD with a fairly simple patch to the Visual_Paradigm script and the installation of a few java packages.

• With this setup I was creating and editing Sequence Diagrams without any problem.
  • However when I tried to create or edit a Block Diagram the was an error WD0002 displayed.
  • I can export Block Diagrams to a PNG successfully

The warnings below occur either when exporting or when trying to edit a block diagram:

This was only there once:

[2021/01/22 12:44:36] [warning] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.internal.ipc.IPC.getDefault(SourceFile:88)
	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.BrowserContext.<init>(SourceFile:61)
	at com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.BrowserContext.<clinit>(SourceFile:29)
--
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: JxBrowser license check failed: No valid license found. jar:file:/usr/home/hsw/Visual_Paradigm_16.2/Application/lib/lib02.jar!/META-INF/teamdev.licenses - Unsupported OS: FreeBSD

There were several instances of this:

[2021/01/22 12:44:56] [warning] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.BrowserContext
	at v.brl.r.a(:278)
	at v.avn.aa.<init>(:325)
	at v.avn.ag.<init>(:822)
--

Hi Hsw,

Thank you for your post. Could you give me the full log file for checking? You can export it from the About window (Help > About). You may post here, or send us through email (support@visual-paradigm.com )

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

file was a bit too bit to post so I created a gist:

Dear Hsw,

Thank you for your reply. I have forwarded your post to our team for further checking. When there is any update, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like