Possibility to specify cascade behavior?

Hi,

I’m sorry, but I have a lot of questions… Believe me, I tried to find all of this in the documentation. :frowning:

is there any possibility to influence the cascade behavior an association will get in the mapping file?

Michael

Hi Michael,

I will forward your question to our engineers, and post the answer here as soon as I can.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi

I’m very curious about this cascade update and delete behaviour. I have tried to find it in the ERD diagram, at the relationship specification object and at the entity object.

Can You help me, how to define these behaviours?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Michael,

I am very sorry for the delay in replying you. You can check/uncheck identifying relationship.

This should influence the cascade behavior.

Best regards,
Jick

identifying-relationship-20060801.png

[quote=Jick]Hi Michael,

I am very sorry for the delay in replying you. You can check/uncheck identifying relationship.

This should influence the cascade behavior.

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

That doesn’t seem to do anything. Cascade is always “save-update,lock” regardless of whether or not it’s an identifying relationship. Is this a bug?

Hi jvence,

To set cascade:

1. Open the association specification
  2. Press the … button for the Role field of the end that you want to specify the cascade behavior
  3. Open the ORM Association End detail tab
  4. Enter cascade there.

Best regards,
Jick

cascade.png

[quote=Jick]Hi jvence,

To set cascade:

1. Open the association specification
  2. Press the … button for the Role field of the end that you want to specify the cascade behavior
  3. Open the ORM Association End detail tab
  4. Enter cascade there.

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Thanks - That worked great.

My pleasure! :smiley:

hi jvence,

Just for your information - We’ve made the cascade field a combo box for easy selection. This will be available in the coming release.

Best regards,
Jick