Primary Key Pattern Naming

Hi!
I wrote in the Primary Key Pattern (Tools>Options>Diagramming>ERD&ORM) “ID_{class_name}”. But name Entity is “ID_” after synchronize Class Diagram to ERD. What do you mean about this?
TIA, Eugeny

Hi Eugeny,

Thanks for your post. I tried and cannot repeat the problem. May I confirm whether you manually type “{class_name}” to the Format field?
Please be reminded that variables should be added by the Add Variables… button beside the Format field (see attached image).

I look forward to hearing your response.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

add_variables_for_pattern.png

Hi!
Sorry, but it don’t work in attachment project. Please, see my project.
TIA, Eugeny
MySystem.vpp

Hi Eugeny,

Thanks for replying with the project file. I believe you edited the Primary Key name format after you have synchronized class diagram to ERD, and you could you have configured name format on existing entities when synchronized to ERD again.

Could you please try to remove all entities from your project (please ensure they do not exist in Model Explorer) and synchronize the class diagram to ERD again? I tried this and it works.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

It isn’t work… Can you send to me any working project?
TIA, Eugeny

Hi Eugeny,

Thanks for replying. Actually I tested with your project, it worked by removing all entities from project and re-synchronize the class diagram to ERD…
Would you mind to zip the .vpprefdata directory in your workspace and send to lilian.wong@visual-paradigm.com , so I can have further test? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi! I sent vpprefdata.zip to your e-mail. Thanks in advance for tests!

ooops… I can’t send this file by e-mail…
no_name.vpprefdata.zip

Hi Eugeny,

Thanks for the file. I’ve passed this issue to our engineers to investigate, and I’ll let you know once we have any finding or fix.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong