Problem generation DDL out of ERM

Hi folks,

We’re using DVS (2.0) for Eclipse (3.0.2). We’re not able to set the destination path for the DDL to be generated in. On you documentations there is a dropdown Modelling > ORM > Generate Database > there is only the drop down for “Generate” but no drop down for destination.

Please help.

kind regards, Roger

Dear Roger,

Thank you for your message. The DDL file will be generated to project path. We made this as default because your model is already associated with the eclipse project.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Hi

It doesn’t generate our SQL-statements. Not even in our Ecplipse default directory. Is there a possibility to set that directory? We would expect the gnerated file in our working eclipse directory. What filename we’ve to look for?

Dear Roger,

Thanks for replying. The DDL should be generated into your project path. Assume that you have the project P1 inside your eclipse workspace, the DDL file will be generated to workspace/P1/P1.ddl.

Please make sure you have specified the Generate DDL options while you are generating the database/persistence layer. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain

Hi

We tried that already. No results. Our working directory is D:/workspace beyond that we got our project “op4h”. The generation of the persitent layer is working when we’re choosing the possibility of doing that against the database. But as soon as we choose Generate DDL the genreator tells us immediatly …100% done. But no *.ddl can’t be found?

Dear Roger,

I’ve tested with a similar structure as your environment and the op4h.ddl was generated to the eclipse project (d:\workspace\op4h\op4h.ddl). Could you mind send me the vp.log file for investigation? You can find the vp.log file inside the eclipse. And if possible, could you please send me some sample projects for reproducing your problem? Please send the files to rain@visual-paradigm.com if you don’t want to post it in the forum. Thanks in advance and I’m looking forward to hear your reply.

Best regards,
Rain