Problem running VP UML 6.1 on Vista

Hi,
I just installed the CE of VP for UML 6.1 on Vista. The installation procedure completed fine, but when I try to run the application it won’t come up. The splash screen is shown, and I am being asked whether I want to switch the language to german (because my system is german). But after that nothing happens, no matter if I chose to chage the language or not. The application has closed itself without another message, but an error log will be created in every try. I have attached one of them.

Chh
hs_err_pid1128.log

Hi user,

Sorry about the problem. Could you try start again to see if the problem persists? Besides, could you send me your workspace? You should be asked to select one when launching VP-UML. If you haven’t manually select one, the default should be %HOME-DIR%/vpworkspace (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\Jick\vpworkspace)

Best regards,
Jick

Hi again Chh,

Are you using the No-install version or the Installer version?

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,
attached is my workspace as compressed rar. I just reinstalled the product to check against an installation error. Additionally I specified a license in the installation wizard, which i didn’t in the first installation. But that did not change anything. Splash screen still showing up, and after that nothing. Error log is the same.

I’m using the installer version.

Chh
vpworkspace.rar

Thank you. We’ll investigate this problem.

Hi Chh,

The reported problem has been fixed. Please download the patch at:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200709/Patch/6-1-0_20070907u/VP_Suite_Windows_3_1_20070907u.exe

Please run it and overwrite the existing installation.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,
thanks for the work. Unfortunately, my system hdd stopped working, so i had to switch back to xp and now can’t test the patch…

Chh

Hi Chh,

That’s fine. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our products.

Best regards,
Jick