Problems Running command-line

I am trying to automate the model publication as html. Following is what I am using,

A NANT script that calls (HTMLDocGenerator.bat)

<project default="run">
  <target name="run">
      <exec workingdir="C:\Program Files\VP Suite 3.0\scripts"  
                     basedir="C:\Program Files\VP Suite 3.0\scripts" 
	program="HTMLDocGenerator.bat">
          <arg value="C:\Work\Design\Threads\Thread.vpp" />
          <arg value="C:\Work\Design\publish" />
      </exec>
  </target>
</project>

HTMLDocGenerator.bat that looks like following,

..\jre\bin\java -Xms128m -Xmx512m -cp ".;..\lib\vpplatform.jar;..\lib\jniwrap.jar;..\lib\jhall.jar;
..\lib\vpuml-help.jar;..\lib\winpack.jar;..\lib\vpupdate.jar;
..\lib\openapi.jar;..\ormlib\orm.jar;..\lib\jh.jar;..\lib\lib01.jar;
..\lib\lib02.jar;..\lib\lib03.jar;..\lib\lib04.jar;..\lib\lib05.jar;
..\lib\lib06.jar;..\lib\lib07.jar;..\lib\lib08.jar;..\lib\lib09.jar;
..\lib\lib10.jar" RV -noui -project %1 -todir %2 generatehtml

And the vp.log looks like following,

[Wed Apr 25 11:12:02 EDT 2007] [message] [Wed Apr 25 11:12:02 EDT 2007]: Start Agilian Standard Edition [AG SE]: 1.0 (sp1_20070420)
[Wed Apr 25 11:12:03 EDT 2007] [warning] Installation properties not found
[Wed Apr 25 11:12:03 EDT 2007] [warning] Suite dir not found
[Wed Apr 25 11:12:15 EDT 2007] [warning] No JNI Library 8

Even when I use the “noui” options it shows the UI and it just launches this without generating any report.

Please help. !!! I need to make a purchase decision soon. I tired various other combinations playing around with various things; still no help.

I should be able to generate the html report automtically using a script.

thanks & regards,
KV

Hello kverma,

Thank you for your post. I regret that the command line option is no longer available in the recent releases. Where do you find the instructions? I suppose the related content are removed in user’s guide already…

Best regards,
Jick

You can find this here:

http://content.usa.visual-paradigm.com/media/documents/ag10ug/html/Ch04_Generating_Documentation/Ch04_Generating_Documentation.html

in section Command Line HTML Report Generation

Also, the installation directory has sub directory ‘Scripts’ that clearly contains scripts to do that.

I was wondering why is that we don’t have commandline. Is it something that we decided to not include going forward or this is something that we haven’t done it yet?

I was wondering if we have any plans in the recent future to include the command line, if yes, how soon. Our team collaboration depends on this.

A quick reply will be greatly appreciated.

BTW; Tool agilian is great to use !!

thanks,
-KV

Hello kverma,

According to our current planning. We will support command line operations in VP Suite version 3.1. Will will support not only report generation, but also other functionalities like XMI and ORM, etc.

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks Jick for quick answer !

Now that you mentioned that it will be supported make me happy and a follow up question.

It wil be great to get a date so that we can proceed with our automation and other planning.

Thank you very much !
-KV

Hello kverma,

Welcome back.

When do you think version (3.1) will be released ?

We hope to release version 3.1 in June.

Is there any way that we can get a patch or extra something to get us going for now ?

I am sorry, it is not yet ready. I will urge our team to work on this as soon as we can. I will also arrange an early access release for you once ready.

Best regards,
Jick

Thank you very much for the quick reply and allowing me to get early access of the release.

-KV

Just a clarification regarding this functionality will be included in Agillian tool or not? We don’t plan to buy the VP Suite just for this functionality. Thanks!

Hello kverma,

This functionality will be included in Agilian as well. To make it clear, this functionality will come with feature, but not with product.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello,

I was wondering if Visual-Paradigm have released a version that I can test to get this command-line functionality??

If not I was wondering how soon we can get this. We are nearing our deadlines.

Thanks in advance.
-KV

hi kverma,

Sorry but not yet. This is still under development. I promise you that we will inform you when it is ready. Should you have any special requirement, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks for the reply again. At this moment this is the only impediment we have in our plans. An early resolution will be greatly appreciated.

regards,
-KV

Hello,

I was wondering if Visual-Paradigm have a version that I can test to get this command-line functionality working. Any functionality will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
-KV

Hello kverma,

I will post here when ready.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello,

I was wondering on any word on the command line functionality of the Agilian. We have already bought 5 licenses for Agilian. I recently updated to latest version of Agilian and still not able to publish model automatically.

Please help.

Thanks,
-Kamal
Latest version 1.0 (Build sp2_20070612)

Hi Kamal,

Sorry about this. We have revised our plan, and the command line feature will be rolled out not earlier than VP Suite 3.1 Service Pack 1.

Best regards,
Jick

Thanks Jick for quick answer !

Now that you mentioned that it will be supported sometime it is good. But it is causing us lot of grief when we have already purchased multiple licenses. Please help !

When do you think version (3.1) will be released ?

Is there any way that we can get a patch or extra something to get us going for now ?

It wil be great to get a date so that we can proceed with our automation and other planning.

Thank you very much.
-KV

Hi kverma,

VP Suite 3.1 Service Pack 1 has been released. It supports running operations through command lines. For more information about this feature, please read:
http://resource.visual-paradigm.com/vpsuite3.1sp1/command-line-operations.html

If you are running VP Suite 3.1, you can advance to Service Pack 1 by running the Updater inside the bin folder of VP Suite installation directory.

Best regards,
Jick

Thank you very much. Your effort is very much appreciated.

My pleasure! 8) 8)