Problems using Instant Reverse with dll

When attempting to use Instant Reverse with a dll, VP gives me the error Instant Reverse Unsuccessful, with Reason: Encountered an invalid type for a default value.

It doesn’t state where this problem is, nor anything that could help me figure it out. I do have access to the source, but trying Instant Reverse from C# source, VP seems to just get stuck at the first step (Waiting).

I’d appreciate any pointers anyone can give me to get VP working. To me, the error trace is a little indecipherable, but I’ve included it in case it is helpful:

Reason :
Encountered an invalid type for a default value.
at System.Reflection.MdConstant.GetValue(MetadataImport scope, Int32 token, RuntimeTypeHandle fieldTypeHandle, Boolean raw)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeParameterInfo.GetDefaultValueInternal(Boolean raw)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeParameterInfo.GetDefaultValue(Boolean raw)
at c.a(XmlDocument A_0, XmlElement A_1, ParameterInfo A_2, String A_3)
at c.a(XmlDocument A_0, XmlElement A_1)
at l.a(XmlDocument A_0, XmlElement A_1)
at h.a(XmlDocument A_0, XmlElement A_1)
at e…ctor(String A_0, String A_1)
mscorlib

Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry. I can reproduce the problem with C# DateTime parameter default value. Seems that is it C# problem, we’ll checking for any workaround.

Hi,

This is the limitation of C# and .NET framework. We fixed the issue by ignoring the parameter default value when failed to retrieve.
We’ll notify you when the patch available.

Hi joe_bp,

I would like to let you know the unable to reverse DLL problem has been fixed and please update the software to latest patch build (20200330bn or later) to get the problem fixed. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.